Our tour will start with a relaxing and pleasurable trip to Southern Tuscany so as to discover Pienza and Montepulciano, artistic and landscape jewels in the Valley of Orcia.
First scheduled stop is Montepulciano, ancient city of Etruscan origins, built on mount Poliziano’s peak, which gives the city its name.
|Montepulciano and Pienza|
Duration: 10 hours
|450 €||450 €||500 €||500 €|
|Each hour extra||35 €|
Thriving agricultural town, commercial and industrial, full of valuable monuments mainly Renaissance, and famous for its “noble wine”.
The city center stretches from Porta al Prato to the Piazza Grande where you can admire the Cathedral, the Town Hall, the Temple of the Virgin of San Biagio and the church of St. Augustine. Wandering the narrow medieval streets you will find many craft shops, dining boutiques, wine breweries and wineries with great opportunity for tasting. Finally, along the city walls you can admire a panorama of exceptional beauty of the Tuscan countryside.
We will then turn to the so-called “Pearl of the Renaissance”, Pienza. Today it’s the only city in the center of Italy to be perfectly preserved intact over the centuries, to the extent that in 1968 the director Franco Zeffirelli chose it as the setting to film Romeo and Juliet.
Pienza is a small village in the heart of the Crete Senesi rebuilt during 1400 by Pope Pius II, part of the World Heritage List by UNESCO.
Here you will be able to admire the beautiful views of the Orcia’s Valley beyond the stone walls along romantic streets like Via dell’Amore (the street of Love) and Via del Bacio (the street of the Kiss), discovering plenty of medieval corners and savoring local cheeses. Once in Pienza you will be surprised by the good smell of cheese: along the main street, in fact, there are many craft shops and regional specialties such as honey, wine and especially Pecorino (a kind of cheese).
Here you can admire the Cathedral, the Piccolomini palace and the Saint Francis church.
Leaving Pienza behind us, returning to Rome, we will explore the natural park of Orcia’s Valley characterized by its famous curves that run through the hills, surrounded by the typical cypress trees, a source of inspiration for many filmmakers who choose to shoot their films and advertising commercials.
• Departure from Rome from your hotel or specified address
• Arrival at Montepulciano in over two hours
• Driver available if necessary (the hourly rate separately)
• Return to Rome according to your requirements (the return fee is to be agreed)
- Service Available: daily, all year round
- Our drivers speak ENGLISH - SPANISH
- Prices are all inclusive and are per vehicle (not per person)
- Prices include all taxes, insurance, tolls, fuel and parking.
- Tips are not mandatory however if you were satisfied with the service they are appreciated.
- For services between 10:00 pm and 06:00 am (night) we charge a 20% supplement
- The easiest way to book your transfer is through the secure online booking form. Upon receipt of your request we will send you a booking confirmation by e-mail. Payments can be made directly with the driver at the end of the service in cash Euro, Dollars or credit card (Visa and Master Card), or if you prefer Book your transfer and pay ahead of time with PayPal for a small additional commission of 5%.