Our driver will pick you up at your hotel to take you to discover one of the most typical and beautiful spots in our country where art, history, folklore and archeology mix together.
The tour will begin along the Autostrada del Sole towards the south where you will be able to see the countryside and the Roman Castles.
|Pompei and Naples|
Duration: 12 hours
|550 €||550 €||600 €||600 €|
|Each hour extra||35 €|
Approximately towards the middle of the trip you will be able to admire the Abbey of Monte Cassino, famous for the great battle that took place during the Second World War.
After about a 2 hour-drive you will be able to see from a distance the Vesuvius volcano, and shortly after we will arrive in the ancient city of Pompeii. Regardless of what you may have read in the city of Pompeii, you’re never prepared for the impact that the sight of these famous ruins can cause over who accesses it for the first time. It seems that the ancient Romans were gone yesterday, the houses, the theaters are open windows on to the life in times when Caesar animated this port town at the foot of Vesuvius. With the eruption of the volcano in 79 A.D. the city was buried under a blanket of ashes and lava lapillus, and was discovered nearly 1700 years later. Pompeii is one of the most significant historical sites of Roman civilization and looks like a great open book to art, customs and crafts of the daily life of that time.
After lunch with a delicious and tasty Neapolitan pizza, absolutely not to be missed, your driver will take you to Naples for a panoramic tour of the city. The first stop will be on the Posillipo hill where you can enjoy one of the most beautiful sights in the world, Naples’ Gulf, the city lies in front of the sea and watched over by the Vesuvius volcano. Then we will climb down to the Mergellina harbor and driving along the promenade we shall reach the district of Saint Lucia, an ancient fishing village, where we will find the old Castel dell’Ovo. To capture the liveliness and exuberance for which the Neapolitans are famous all over the world, our driver will leave you to walk through the maze of alleys that characterizes the historic center. From here you can visit Piazza del Plebiscito, the Royal Palace, the Basilica of St. Francis of Paola, the Teatro San Carlo, Galleria Umberto I and the impressive Angevin. During your walk you should enjoy a good cup of coffee with “sfogliatella”, the typical Neapolitan pastry.
And to finish this adventure, we will begin the return journey and we will be back to Rome after a two-hour drive.
• Departure from Rome from your hotel or provided address
• Arrival to Pompeii after about two and a half hours
• Driver available if needed (hourly rate separately)
• Return to Rome according to your requirements (price to be agreed for the return drive)
- Service Available: daily, all year round
- Our drivers speak ENGLISH - SPANISH
- Prices are all inclusive and are per vehicle (not per person)
- Prices include all taxes, insurance, tolls, fuel and parking.
- Tips are not mandatory however if you were satisfied with the service they are appreciated.
- For services between 10:00 pm and 06:00 am (night) we charge a 20% supplement
- The easiest way to book your transfer is through the secure online booking form. Upon receipt of your request we will send you a booking confirmation by e-mail. Payments can be made directly with the driver at the end of the service in cash Euro, Dollars or credit card (Visa and Master Card), or if you prefer Book your transfer and pay ahead of time with PayPal for a small additional commission of 5%.