This tour gives you the opportunity to discover the landscapes and the beauty of Rome’s surroundings and learn about the mysteries of the ancient Etruscan civilization.
Departing from your residence we will discover the city of Tarquinia right on the border between the regions of Lazio and Tuscany.
|Tarquinia and Etruscan countryside|
Duration: 10 hours
|400 €||400 €||450 €||450 €|
|Each hour extra||35 €|
After lunch at one of the taverns we drive to Tuscania, a city that sits on a tuff ledge at the beginning of the Viterbo Maremma. The route starts at the top in the picturesque uninhabited town of Civita, where the majestic basilica of St. Peter reigns with its two towers. The church is an example of early Romanesque style.
At the foot of the hill is another Tuscanica Romanesque jewel: the basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore equipped, with wealthy decorations and paintings. Do not miss a walk in the center that will make you revive the atmosphere of the ancient Tuscia villages, where palaces’ warm colors and medieval towers, churches and Baroque fountains blend harmoniously with the surrounding landscape. Places where one can encounter enchanting views, such as the Piazza del Comune, the baronial palace, the way of the advance that culminates with a beautiful view. At the Tor di Lavello park during sunset you can enjoy the charming sight of the old city walls. The tour will end dropping you off in your hotel in Rome in the late afternoon.EXTRA INFORMATION
- Service Available: daily, all year round
- Our drivers speak ENGLISH - SPANISH
- Prices are all inclusive and are per vehicle (not per person)
- Prices include all taxes, insurance, tolls, fuel and parking.
- Tips are not mandatory however if you were satisfied with the service they are appreciated.
- For services between 10:00 pm and 06:00 am (night) we charge a 20% supplement
- The easiest way to book your transfer is through the secure online booking form. Upon receipt of your request we will send you a booking confirmation by e-mail. Payments can be made directly with the driver at the end of the service in cash Euro, Dollars or credit card (Visa and Master Card), or if you prefer Book your transfer and pay ahead of time with PayPal for a small additional commission of 5%.