One of the most common reasons to choose Italy for a trip is the good food and the excellent wine that is produced throughout the country. Our vineyards form the landscape, and the tradition of producing the nectar of the gods, wine, dates back to Etruscan civilization.
|Wine tours in Tuscany|
Duration: 12 hours
|500 €||500 €||550 €||550 €|
|Each hour extra||35 €|
Taking advantage of the holidays, you can discover the flavors and traditions of the “beautiful country,” with a Wine Tour allowing you to get in contact with nature and its pleasures.
You will experience an embarrassing wealth of options in the area that you want to explore, we will guide you, and recommend restaurants, farms and cellars to taste fine regional dishes produced locally while sipping a glass of vintage wine.
Below are some examples of route, more commonly known as “wine roads” that we can offer. Select the area that you like, we will arrange the tour to a farm for a wine tasting experience.
- The Wine Route of the Castelli Romani
Not far from the center of Rome, you can drive along Castelli Romani’s Wine Road. Here the vines were already present at the time of the Roman Emperors, in fact, the patricians would go on holiday to this area and enjoy the effects of wine. Colli Albani, Colli Lanuvini, Frascati, Marino, Montecompatri, Velletri Zagarolo are the seven original protected wines that make this area one of the most valuable in terms of wine production.
- The Wine Road of Sagrantino
The road that runs from Montefalco, Castel Ritaldi, Giano dell’Umbria, Bevagna and Gualdo Cattaneo villages is the territory where ancient Sagrantino wine is made. Once it this sweet nectar produced to celebrate the sacred holidays and one of the most exquisite from a wine production point of view.
Region of Tuscany
- The Nobile Wine Road of Montepulciano and Brunello di Montalcino
This is a very well known winegrowing area, but it is also rich in history and culture. In fact, the Wines of Montepulciano road allows you to discover churches, monuments, villages and tourist facilities in addition to its typical production traditions and is a splendid example of gastronomic tourism with which everyone can enrich their culture.
The road winds in the Chiana Senese Valley, between the river and the city, in the vertically modeled territory with cypresses, olive groves, vineyards, and chalky hills.
Its “Nobile” wine has ancient origins. By 1350 rules for trade and export had been set.
The Nobile di Montepulciano wine has a quality and origin guarantee, the first to be recognized in Italy, which is a blend based wine produced mixing Sangiovese, Canaiolo, Malvasia del Chianti and Trebbiano Toscano. It is then aged for at least two years before being consumed.
The Brunello di Montalcino instead arises from a particular version of the Sangiovese grape, which is made with smaller fruits. It also takes the Sangiovese Grosso name, and is known as Brunello, thanks to the climate and terrain around the town of Montalcino. The work of Clemente Santi, who at Il Greppo wine cellar was able to obtainthe “formula” to get an exceptional wine from this vineyard that is now worldwide known as the finest Italian wine.
– The Chianti Colli Fiorentini Wine Road
To the east of Florence there is the Chianti region is located at the East of Florence, occupying the heart of Tuscany with its pleasant hills. It is among the most famous wine regions of Italy. Here in the hills, where you can admire ancient and magnificent castles, you can savor delicious local dishes and taste incredible oil, aromatic vinegar as well as delicious jams, marmalades and honey. But the most fascinating experience is undoubtedly to enjoy a good glass of wine surrounded by a charming natural scenery.EXTRA INFORMATION
- Service Available: daily, all year round
- Our drivers speak ENGLISH - SPANISH
- Prices are all inclusive and are per vehicle (not per person)
- Prices include all taxes, insurance, tolls, fuel and parking.
- Tips are not mandatory however if you were satisfied with the service they are appreciated.
- For services between 10:00 pm and 06:00 am (night) we charge a 20% supplement
- The easiest way to book your transfer is through the secure online booking form. Upon receipt of your request we will send you a booking confirmation by e-mail. Payments can be made directly with the driver at the end of the service in cash Euro, Dollars or credit card (Visa and Master Card), or if you prefer Book your transfer and pay ahead of time with PayPal for a small additional commission of 5%.