One of the drivers of Cabs4Rome will pick you up at the hotel to take you to the Umbria region described as the green heart of Italy.
Umbria seems one of the masterpiece paitings created by Pinturicchio or Perugino, throughout the region, there are glimpses of unique natural landscapes. The green hills are dotted with villages of ancient origins and mysterious charm.
|ASSISI||325 €||325 €||370 €||370 €|
The religious excellence center in Umbria is Assisi, where Saint Francis and Saint Clare lived. The old town of Assisi is spread on top of the hills where the beautiful Basilica of Saint Francis stands, with its frescoes by Giotto and Cimabue.
At the foot of the hills is the impressive church of Santa Maria degli Angeli, within which is still intact the Portiuncula, a small church dear to St. Francis. It was right here where the Saint founded his order and where it quenched. Our visit will start right from this area and will then continue through the medieval town of Assisi, made of winding stone streets, lined with antique reddish houses leading from the bottom of the city, along the main monuments.
The main town square of the city (Piazza del Comune), is lined with Roman ruins and twelfth century buildings (like Palazzo dei Priori and Palazzo del Capitano del Popolo). You will be able to admire the Santa Maria della Minerva church dating from the first century BC and the Basilica of San Francesco, where the eponymous saint is buried. The construction of the basilica was begun immediately after the canonization of St. Francis in 1228. Not to be missed, with its splendid facade made of sculptures and reliefs, is also the Cathedral of San Rufino dedicated to the patron saint. After a short lunch break that will allow us to taste the local dishes, we will continue the tour with a visit to the Basilica of Santa Chiara, where the body of the saint is preserved in a crypt. The church is in Gothic style and was built between 1257 and 1260. Just outside of Assisi we will visit the church of San Damiano, a small and simple church where St. Francis received his call in 1205 and where St. Clare died in 1253.
This marks the ‘last stop on our tour to Assisi, a place of spirituality and peace.
- Leaving from Rome from you hotel or your provided address
- Arrival in Bologna, after 2 hours ca.
- Available driver if required (extra hour tariff)
- Return to Rome according to your necessities (return price to be agreed)
- Service Available: daily, all year round
- Our drivers speak ENGLISH - SPANISH
- Prices are all inclusive and are per vehicle (not per person)
- Prices include all taxes, insurance, tolls, fuel and parking.
- Tips are not mandatory however if you were satisfied with the service they are appreciated.
- For services between 10:00 pm and 06:00 am (night) we charge a 20% supplement
- The easiest way to book your transfer is through the secure online booking form. Upon receipt of your request we will send you a booking confirmation by e-mail. Payments can be made directly with the driver at the end of the service in cash Euro, Dollars or credit card (Visa and Master Card), or if you prefer Book your transfer and pay ahead of time with PayPal for a small additional commission of 5%.