In the province of Naples, at the base of the Vesuvius, Pompeii arises on a surface of 12 Kmq, with almost 26.000 citizens. It’s a modern reality, with its touristic structures, hotels, campings, restaurants, pizzerias, bars, pubs and various shops. It’s a cosmopolitan city, destination of very many tourists from both Italy and abroad. Many of those who stay in Pompeii don’t visit just the city, but use it also as a base for their excursions in the many touristic locations nearby.
|TRANSFER OF POMPEII||415 €||415 €||480 €||480 €|
Indeed, the main characteristic that makes Pompeii unique in the world is that of gathering under a single name two cities.
The ancient one, pagan, buried by almost six metres of ashes and lapillus after the eruption of the Vesuvius, happened in August in 79 AD, that killed many of the peasants.
The new Pompeii, christian, that arose thanks to the work of Holy Bartolo Longo, a Pugliese lawyer, who was put in charge of the Valley of Pompeii territory by countess Marianna De Fusco in 1872. The apparition of Marianna lead Bartolo Longo to build, after many difficulties and very few funds, the Sanctuary, developing a city around it.
In 1997 Pompeii was recognised by the UNESCO as World Heritage.
- Ancient Pompeii opening hours
- from 1st November to 31st March
- everyday from 8.30 to 17.00 (last entrance at 15.30)
- from 1st April to 31st October
- everyday from 8.30 to 19.30 (last entrance at 18.00)
- Close 1st January, 1st May and 25th December
- Leaving from Rome from you hotel or your provided address
- Arrival in Pompeii, after two and a half hours ca.
- Available driver if required (extra hour tariff)
- Return to Rome according to your necessities (return price to be agreed)
- Service Available: daily, all year round
- Our drivers speak ENGLISH - SPANISH
- Prices are all inclusive and are per vehicle (not per person)
- Prices include all taxes, insurance, tolls, fuel and parking.
- Tips are not mandatory however if you were satisfied with the service they are appreciated.
- For services between 10:00 pm and 06:00 am (night) we charge a 20% supplement
- The easiest way to book your transfer is through the secure online booking form. Upon receipt of your request we will send you a booking confirmation by e-mail. Payments can be made directly with the driver at the end of the service in cash Euro, Dollars or credit card (Visa and Master Card), or if you prefer Book your transfer and pay ahead of time with PayPal for a small additional commission of 5%.