This tour is recommended for those who have already visited Rome and want to discovery new Italian landscapes.
Starting from the port of Civitavecchia we cross the northern countryside of Rome called Tuscia and head for the city of Orvieto, in the region of Umbria, but before arriving we make two stops. The first stop is in the town of Montefiascone, a small medieval town of Etruscan origin, where you will see a splendid view of Lake Bolsena. We then continue to the small village of Civita di Bagnoregio.
|ORVIETO AND CIVITA DI BAGNOREGGIO|
Time : 10 hours
Transfer from Civitavecchia
port to Orvieto
+ city tour of Bagnoreggio 6 hours
+ transfer to Civitavecchia port
|500 €||550 €||600 €||650 €|
|Each extra hour||35 €|
This town has a magical aspect as it is perched on top of a hill in a valley and seems as if it were suspended in the clouds. To get there you have to walk across a pedestrian bridge, about 1 mile long, which leads to the inside of the town, a place where time seems to stand still.
After leaving Civita, we continue on to Orvieto, a picturesque town perched on a plateau of tufa (soft volcanic rock) surrounded by olive groves and vineyards. Here we suggest that you visit the magnificent cathedral, a masterpiece of Italian Gothic architecture. Then you can have lunch in one of the many excellent restaurants where you can taste typical products of the area such as truffles, cheeses, and mushrooms, of course all served with a good local white wine.
Afterwords, strolling along the picturesque streets of this medieval city, you can do some shopping for local products and handicrafts such as the famous pottery, and go to the San Patrizio Well, famous for its original structure or visit Orvieto underground, a labyrinth of hidden caves and tunnels under the city, carved into the rock by the ancient Etruscans.
Finally we return to the port so that you can reboard your ship, full of the flavors, images and history of our beautiful country.
- Service Available: daily, all year round
- Our drivers speak ENGLISH – SPANISH
- Prices are all inclusive and are per vehicle (not per person)
- Prices include taxes, insurance, toll fees, fuel and parking.
- Tips are not mandatory however if you were satisfied with the service they are appreciated.
- For services between 09:00 pm and 07:00 am (night) we charge a 20% supplement
- We suggest that you dress appropriately for any holy places (to enter churches shoulders and knees must be covered) that you are planning to visit.
- The easiest way to book your transfer is through the secure online booking form. Upon receipt of your request we will send you a booking confirmation by e-mail. Payments can be made directly with the driver at the end of the service in cash Euro, Dollars or credit card (Visa and Master Card), or if you prefer Book your transfer and pay ahead of time with PayPal for a small additional commission of 5%.
- The price includes: private vehicle with English speaking driver, all taxes, insurance, maintenance, fuel, parking and tolls.
- The price does not include: Meals and entrance fees where required.