This tour is recommended for those travelers who have already seen Rome’s beauties and want to relax in the natural scenery of Lazio’s countryside and discover the mysteries of the ancient Etruscans that lived an area called Etruria, stretching from Tuscany to Umbria to northern Lazio, and at the end taste the typical products of this land (wines and oils) on an agritourism or in a trattoria (typical restaurant).
|TARQUINIA, TUSCANIA AND THE ETRUSCANS|
Time : 8 hours
Transfer from Civitavecchia port
to Tarquinia and Etruscan countryside
+ tour 6 hours
+ transfer to Civitavecchia port
|400 €||450 €||500 €||550 €|
|Each extra hour||35 €|
Starting from the port of Civitavecchia, we go to discover the city of Tarquinia, which boasts the largest Etruscan museum in the world, the aristocratic Vitelleschi palace, a Gothic-Renaissance style masterpiece. Inside, you will see sarcophagi, paintings and frescoes ranging from the 6th to the 1st century BC. Just outside the city is the necropolis of Monterozzi, the largest Etruscan necropolis which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Tarquinia is a beautiful medieval town overlooking the Tyrrhenian Sea and is surrounded by lush green hills and valleys. Founded in the 8th century AC, it later became an Etruscan city and was the birthplace of three of the seven kings of Rome, Tarquinius Priscus, Servius Tullius and Tarquinius Superbus.
Afterwords, we move on to Tuscania, which stands on a ledge of tufa at the beginning of the Viterbo Maremma. Tuscania, the cradle of the Etruscan civilization, is considered to be one of the oldest cities in Italy with a history that dates back to more than 3000 years ago.
We will have lunch in a local trattoria (typical restaurant) and then we will stroll through the narrow streets of the historical center, a museum-like neighborhood, and discover the picturesque Piazza del Duomo, its fountain, and the churches of St. Peter and St. Maria Maggiore, which are unique for their Gothic architecture and their early Christian origin.
On the way to the back we will stop at an agritourism where you can taste and buy liqueurs, jams, oils, wines, sparkling sines, honey, cookies, fruits, extra virgin olive oil, other local products and excellent souvenirs take home.
Please Note: This tour is not available on Mondays because the museum and the necropolis are closed.EXTRA INFORMATION
- Service Available: daily, all year round
- Our drivers speak ENGLISH - SPANISH
- Prices are all inclusive and are per vehicle (not per person)
- Prices include all taxes, insurance, tolls, fuel and parking.
- Tips are not mandatory however if you were satisfied with the service they are appreciated.
- For services between 10:00 pm and 06:00 am (night) we charge a 20% supplement
- The easiest way to book your transfer is through the secure online booking form. Upon receipt of your request we will send you a booking confirmation by e-mail. Payments can be made directly with the driver at the end of the service in cash Euro, Dollars or credit card (Visa and Master Card), or if you prefer Book your transfer and pay ahead of time with PayPal for a small additional commission of 5%.